What have I been doing?
My precious books 

Life moves on. Or does it really move on? Or do we simply just exist? I guess perhaps that’s a discussion for another day when I’m in a more enlightened state of mind.
What have I been doing with my life since I had my holidays? Well, I managed a painful personal conflict, kept my hair long until the only way I could feel comfortable was to get a hair band to hold it back (Curses, why couldn’t my hair just flow beautifully like those shampoo commercials? ), get alarmingly frequent bouts of idiotic intoxication and to spends hours sleeping like a pig.
Well, if there’s a redeeming factor, I did spend time watching a lot of VCDs, all of them legal of course, and catching up on my reading while adding to the already compacts book shelves in my tiny room.
Books
Thus far, I’m in the process of reading 4 books. I have already completed 2 of these books, while the other 2 will take some time to finish. A good book is like a good lay, it keeps you so interested right to the end, sadly like in real life, a good lay is never as easy to spot similar to a good book! Well here are a few reviews of the books on my table thus far.
Digital Fortress (Dan Brown)
Dan Brown is the famous author of the Da Vinci Code. I have read both the Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons. Those 2 books were definitely worth every ringgit I spent on them. The stories were fast, leaving me with no time to catch my breath or even visit the washroom. The same acclaim can be shared with Digital Fortress though with a different magnitude of success. Maybe the success of the earlier mentioned books made me expect so much more from Mr. Brown. Nonetheless, it’s still a good read. (Beware: Robert Langdon has no part to play in Digital Fortress)
The Swords of Night and Day (David Gemmel)
If you’re a fan of fantasy, then Gemmel is definitely your man. He is an author in the Tolkien mould (though I dare say no one will surpass the master in my reckoning) with a good sense of heroic characters and heroines in distress. He can describe bloody battles with a terrific sense of the carnage and gore that you are instantly transported in the middle of a fictitious battleground! Hold onto your saddle and draw your swords!
Far From the Madding Crowd (Thomas Hardy)
See You at the Top (Zig Ziglar)
Movies
Kingdom of Heaven
Another film with a battlefield as a backdrop, somehow, I feel is a little to common these days in the cinemas. Orlando Bloom is a poor choice to be cast as the hero in the show. The battle scenes are truly savage and realistic. But, Mr. Bloom has again failed in my mind as a person worthy to hold his own as a main actor.
Revenge of the Sith
Definitely the best of the new sage introduced by George Lucas, but, the story was a little contrived at times. However, it it’s still a better show then any of it’s 2 previous installments.
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
I think this show was a total letdown. The story was too fast paced that it ironically just failed to take off. I did not understand much of the plot and while the show is being rated as a comedy by my friends, I did not see much humour in it, except that it burned a small hole in my wallet for it. Sigh…
Sin City
Sin City is another story which moved to fast for any real story line to evolve. If you like hot babes, then this could still be the show for you though. But, be warned, the only thing that will keep you from dozing off are the chicks (Jessica Alba, Devon Aoki, Brittany Murphy, etc) in the film.
Be Cool
Sigh…a complete disappointment in my book. The only redeeming factor is Travolta’s acting. He is still suave as ever.
On a different note, I’ve also been applying for jobs around Selangor and KL. Hopefully with a bit of luck, I will get a job and replenish my coffers. Thank you to you, yes, my readers, for enduring my blogs which can bore you to tears or depress you to the edges of insanity but is always sincerely written. Au revoir!


Life moves on. Or does it really move on? Or do we simply just exist? I guess perhaps that’s a discussion for another day when I’m in a more enlightened state of mind.
What have I been doing with my life since I had my holidays? Well, I managed a painful personal conflict, kept my hair long until the only way I could feel comfortable was to get a hair band to hold it back (Curses, why couldn’t my hair just flow beautifully like those shampoo commercials? ), get alarmingly frequent bouts of idiotic intoxication and to spends hours sleeping like a pig.
Well, if there’s a redeeming factor, I did spend time watching a lot of VCDs, all of them legal of course, and catching up on my reading while adding to the already compacts book shelves in my tiny room.
Books
Thus far, I’m in the process of reading 4 books. I have already completed 2 of these books, while the other 2 will take some time to finish. A good book is like a good lay, it keeps you so interested right to the end, sadly like in real life, a good lay is never as easy to spot similar to a good book! Well here are a few reviews of the books on my table thus far.
Digital Fortress (Dan Brown)
Dan Brown is the famous author of the Da Vinci Code. I have read both the Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons. Those 2 books were definitely worth every ringgit I spent on them. The stories were fast, leaving me with no time to catch my breath or even visit the washroom. The same acclaim can be shared with Digital Fortress though with a different magnitude of success. Maybe the success of the earlier mentioned books made me expect so much more from Mr. Brown. Nonetheless, it’s still a good read. (Beware: Robert Langdon has no part to play in Digital Fortress)
The Swords of Night and Day (David Gemmel)
If you’re a fan of fantasy, then Gemmel is definitely your man. He is an author in the Tolkien mould (though I dare say no one will surpass the master in my reckoning) with a good sense of heroic characters and heroines in distress. He can describe bloody battles with a terrific sense of the carnage and gore that you are instantly transported in the middle of a fictitious battleground! Hold onto your saddle and draw your swords!
Far From the Madding Crowd (Thomas Hardy)
Arcane romances, a dame in need of a knight in shining armour and set in a beautiful background of sweet roses and lush meadows, this is a typical Hardy piece. The main themes of tragic love are as ever existent in this work as well. Sadly, romance is probably not a genre of choice for me at this moment in time. This book will have to wait a while before I revisit it for a further read.
See You at the Top (Zig Ziglar)
I have only read a few chapters of this book but already I have felt a difference. Ziglar is an author of international repute and now I know why. There’s definitely a feeling that I will enjoy finishing it and reading it for references when I’m through with it.
Movies
Kingdom of Heaven
Another film with a battlefield as a backdrop, somehow, I feel is a little to common these days in the cinemas. Orlando Bloom is a poor choice to be cast as the hero in the show. The battle scenes are truly savage and realistic. But, Mr. Bloom has again failed in my mind as a person worthy to hold his own as a main actor.
Revenge of the Sith
Definitely the best of the new sage introduced by George Lucas, but, the story was a little contrived at times. However, it it’s still a better show then any of it’s 2 previous installments.
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
I think this show was a total letdown. The story was too fast paced that it ironically just failed to take off. I did not understand much of the plot and while the show is being rated as a comedy by my friends, I did not see much humour in it, except that it burned a small hole in my wallet for it. Sigh…
Sin City
Sin City is another story which moved to fast for any real story line to evolve. If you like hot babes, then this could still be the show for you though. But, be warned, the only thing that will keep you from dozing off are the chicks (Jessica Alba, Devon Aoki, Brittany Murphy, etc) in the film.
Be Cool
Sigh…a complete disappointment in my book. The only redeeming factor is Travolta’s acting. He is still suave as ever.
On a different note, I’ve also been applying for jobs around Selangor and KL. Hopefully with a bit of luck, I will get a job and replenish my coffers. Thank you to you, yes, my readers, for enduring my blogs which can bore you to tears or depress you to the edges of insanity but is always sincerely written. Au revoir!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home