Monday, October 24, 2005

Really long long nights

I'm hopelessly insomniac!!
It is exactly 1.45a.m now here in the beautiful city of Oxford and yet, here I am, in V4C Clive Booth Hall of Residence with a throbbing headache, a stiff shoulder, an alarmingly large pair of beautiful eye bags (which have to say make me resemble much like a Giant Panda though probably half as cute) and a left knee which is juz begging to be amputated!!
I'm stressed...that much I know...
Too much things to consider for an already very disturbed mind!!
Sigh..my BVC scholarship form still sits idly on my desk, together with my work application forms and other bits and pieces of paper, some so crumpled that it would be hopeless to determine why I had the need to keep it there in the first place. The date line is 4th Nov. And I'm still in the dark trying to figure out how to answer the complicated questions on the form.
I have also a set of questions for my employment law tutorials still on my desk with very lil' preparation done on it. Am I just being lazy? Perhaps!! But, somehow, although I have been delving through it for hours, I just could not find the damn answers to the questions.
It is days like these that I begin to question the choices that I have made. Alas, choice have been taken and life must go on.
It is the future and these very pair of weary hands (currently typing on a Fujitsu laptop) which is going to mould that very future that is of the premium concern. The question probably keeping me awake is: Shall I do the BVC/CLP?
Thanks to my legal training, I'm now so 'good at advocacy' that I'm adeptly proficient in arguing both ways. As a result, I'm now hopeless ly confused and further adrift from the comfort zone.
Well, it is a new day tomorrow...well actually it is a new day now... any good things to look for the future to keep my mind of the BVC & CLP for a moment?
Hmm...(thinking)...well... I still have my Criminal Evidence Assignment due soon...(shit that will help with the insomnia)....hey why not in the process remind me that I have an Advanced Legal Method assignment too...one regretfully that I cannot even attempt to start yet because the whole question boggles my mind to insanity! (great, now...I juz guaranteed a whole nite of strong coffee and Aerosmith blaring out on the speakers!!)

(Shut up J, think of the bright side)....

Hmm.... well... I'm still alive....my parents are coming over next week for a visit from France...and I have great friends in Malaysia...well...maybe if I could keep reminding myself how much I have...then I will realise that there is nothing to fear after all.
Sigh....I'm juz human anyway...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The basics of hardback is simple to understand.

9:07 AM  
Blogger fishtail said...

Looks like you're suffering from a little fatigue, pal. Listen, take the day return to London this weekend, go to Chinatown, head straight to Wong Kei, eat yourself crazy (cheapest chinese food that side of Chicago), go watch a play or something, or walk around Covent Garden, then you'll be alright again.

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi mr fishtail,
glad to see u here...
actually im medically dignosed as having insomnia...
for quite a few yrs d
only it gets gradually worse or escalates at certain periods...hope ur doing fine at pg...
ur adventure seems nvr ending..btw could not find ur broad street...wat u say was there again?

12:41 PM  
Blogger fishtail said...

There is a cross on Broad Street, embedded and flushed on the street. It marks the place where 3 church leaders were burnt at the stake during the days of the Reformation. Martyrs Place, I think it's called.

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok...i will look for it...i actually have walked along broad st numerous times but did not knw wat it was called.LOL

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Myspace

Myspace